Easy Tater Tot Hotdish
Whether or not you grew up in the Midwest, this classic tater tot hotdish (otherwise known as a casserole to you non-Midwesterners) is a dinnertime favorite, no matter where you're from. A creamy mix of ground beef, green beans, tater tots and melted cheese, this retro tater tot hotdish recipe delivers hearty comfort food deliciousness. MORE+LESS-
can condensed cream of mushroom soup
can green beans, drained
cups shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mix browned beef, salt, pepper, soup and green beans. Pour in casserole.
Place tater tots on top of beef mixture. Then top off with cheddar cheese.
Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes.
- Try cream of celery soup instead of cream of mushroom soup for a dfferent flavor twist.
- Adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce to the ground beef while cooking adds a hint of extra flavor.
- Swap in sweet potato tater tots for a surprising twist.
- Try ground chicken or turkey to replace the ground beef for a different take on this casserole.
- Use shredded pepper Jack cheese in place of cheddar cheese to add some extra zip.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, microwave until hot.
More About This Recipe
- Are you team casserole or team hotdish? Either way, this classic comfort food is one of the greatest things you can do with a pound of ground beef. Now, say this in your best Fargo accent: "Tater tot hotdish is a Midwestern delicacy, don’t cha know!"