Instant Pot™ Honey Teriyaki Chicken
Updated July 2, 2019
Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
Honey Teriyaki Sauce:
cup low sodium soy sauce
teaspoons fresh grated ginger
teaspoon black pepper
Combine teriyaki sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Heat the Instant Pot in sauté mode. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and brown the chicken, about 2 -3 minutes per side.
Add the teriyaki sauce, cover and lock the lid. Cook in poultry mode for 20 minutes. Turn off the pot and allow it to release pressure naturally. This will take about 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Serve.
- You can also use chicken drumsticks.
- Don’t substitute chicken breasts for the thighs. Tender chicken thighs are better suited for the pressure of the Instant Pot™.
- Serve with rice and/or vegetables as a side dish.
- Be sure to refer to your own Instant Pot™ user manual for any potential setting differences.
- Add Sriracha sauce or cayenne to the teriyaki sauce to give this dinner a kick of heat.
- Part slow-cooker and part pressure cooker, the Instant Pot™ makes easy delicious recipes and we’re here to make sure you know exactly how to use it for absolute dinner perfect every time.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- 1 1/2g
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 3 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- Chicken teriyaki is one of my favorite things to make because it’s something the whole family will eat and I almost always have the ingredients on hand. And now that the Instant Pot is currently all the rage, I decided to make an Instant Pot version of one of my favorite go-to weeknight meals: honey teriyaki chicken thighs.Oh my goodness, it turned out fantastic…this recipe is an absolute keeper!It seriously couldn’t be any easier, or more delicious. Happy cooking!